Transparent Mobile phone Abstract
It is quite exciting to know that the Polytron has now created a working prototype of a transparent mobile phone. However, Polytron, a Taiwan based company has created a smartphone that is fully transparent and only the circuit board, memory card and camera unit is visible. It is a touchscreen phone that has a fully functional SIM tray, SD card slot, microphone and camera.
Transparent Mobile phone Video
What is Transparent Mobile phone ?
It is a prototype device being developed by Polytron Technologies from Taiwan, pictured above, shows some of the challenges to making the transparent smartphone a reality.
Polytron Technologies is a global manufacturer of electronic and optical vision glass, and is subsidiary of Polytronix, Inc., an American company that provides the patented product Polyvision Privacy Glass to the Taiwan operation. Polytron also has a branch company, Polytron Technologies (Xiamen) Co, in China Xiamen to service China customers.
How Transparent Mobile phone works ?
The transparent smartphones hide the ugly parts of phone – the batteries, antennas, circuitry and the works – well, those will remain hidden as they can’t be made invisible – at least not yet. Polytron’s glass technology will allow for a portion of the Smartphone to remain see-through, with the rest covered behind casing.
at the same time, work is on to make at least some of the opaque insides also transparent, including the circuitry. Near invisible electrical wiring is possible today, and Ploytron claims that with its patented technology, it may be able to craft glass that can create a transparent effect, making the phone see-through.
The technology being used in the phone is called Polyvision Privacy Glass. It allows a device to turn transparent when an electric current is passed through it. They’ve also used microscopic wires that have been fed directly into the glass that make it barely visible to the naked eye. We’ve seen similar examples in the glass strip on the Sony XPERIA Z, XPERIA P and XPERIA U.
Transparent Mobile phone Advantages
· The glass that is used in this kind of transparent phone is much lighter than the display material used in today’s generation of smartphones, which means that it will reduce weight as well as shipping costs – which is what both customers and smartphone manufacturers want albeit for different reasons.
· Damaged parts of the phone can be seen without having to take it apart.
· It may be able to craft glass that can create a transparent effect, making the phone see-through
Transparent Mobile phone Disadvantages
· Due to the fact that with transparent screens the background is visible…and the brightness is lower than with standard single side emitting OLED displays. We can control the brightness with stronger backlight, but it then becomes less energy efficient as it consumes more electrical power.
· transparent display designed to replace a conventional refrigerator door, so that you can see what’s inside without opening it. But with this conveniences the phone too looks messy due to the visibility of sim card, memory card, battery, speaker and other ports into it.
· Since it is said that it is a transparent Smartphone but it doesn’t give the smart effect to the consumers which the opaque Smartphone gives
· Due to the effect and purpose of transparent phones, one cannot enjoy the colourful or designed backcover which gives variant effect and look to there same phone. and people may not enjoy the differences.